Understanding the UV Silk Screen Printing Workflow
We Pride Ourselves to Deliver each Container as it represents a piece of Jewelry!
1. Printing is done in a climate controlled closed facility to eliminate dust and contaminates.
2. Containers are unpacked to be screen printed or flaming treatment if needed.
3. Output film positive transparencies for each color.
4. Expose the film and burn each mesh screen.
5. Then we rinse off emulsion and install screen on printer.
6. We pull from our inventory of custom fixtures and attach the proper tooled fixture to the printing press. Different bottle diameter and width requires a custom fixtures that hold the container firmly as it moves through the printing press.
7. UV Ink(s) are prepared, mesh screen gets inserted and pressure adjustments are set.
8. The job is ready to print.
Ultimate Quality Control
1. Our trained staff prints, proofs and checks each container for low spots, spidering or any quality issues before being placed on a conveyer belt for UV curing that instantly hardens the ink to the container.
2. On the other end of the conveyer belt, a second set of eyes, looks over each container for possible flaws previously missed, and only perfectly printed containers will get packed. Please provide 2-9% additional containers for set-up, multiple color registration and waste.
3. Each delivered printed container is a showcase for your lotions, serums, body creams and company image. We considered ourselves experts in the screen printing industry. Short-Run Screen Printing Price-list.
You want your order when??? Understanding the steps it takes to produce a Quality Screen Printed Bottle, Jar or Tube.
1. Supply artwork in a hi-rez file and save out as a PDF, Vector or AI format. Note: Please do not send Raster Files.
2. Know the plastic (resin) material of your bottle/jar/tube. This is important to the screen printer. Each resin (the outside material of your container) has to be treated differently to insure that ink will UV cure correctly. Learn about plastic resins.
3. Ask your bottle company to send the technical drawing of your container for accurate layout, positioning and final proof. You can also provide us with your bottle companies contact information and we can reach out to them.
4. Choose how many decorative colors and if foil stamping will be part of your design. FYI: Each color or applying foil is done one pass at a time.
5. Types of Proofs: 1) Computer generated proofs are standard and at no charge. 2) We can email you a picture of your printed sample on the day the job runs for an additional charge. 3) We can overnight you a printed sample and wait for approval for an additional charge.
6. Scheduling Delivery: After containers arrive and artwork is approved, your order will be scheduled for printing. Standard delivery is 7-10 business days after artwork is approved. Total quantity ordered, multiple colors and time of year can change standard delivery times. Foil stamping adds 5-10 additional days due to a metal die that needs to be ordered.
Contact Blue Line Labels at 1-800-609-7079 for all your custom screen printing, foil stamping and any decorating needs.
Here is a list of container companies
that could be a good resource for unique
bottles, jars, tubes, caps and pumps.
Companies in RED are local suppliers who we pick up from.
Companies in GREEN are preferred out of state suppliers.
http://www.expresstubes.com – ask for Megan Rowley at 253-981-6068
Taral Plastics – ask for Jim Mirtalitov at 866-938-2725